My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Getting off

And not in any kind of fun sense. One of my techs just told me that the oncoming departmental reorganization was described to him as upper management driving the bus, and we can either choose to be on it or not.

And everybody can see it but my poor, nearsighted network manager, who'll play the yes-man until it runs her over.

In practice, upper management might promise they're going to be making the decisions and taking the responsibility when things don't go right. In practice, I haven't seen much of anything but ass-covering and blame-shifting around here when things don't go right. Not in coming up on three years. I suppose I shouldn't taint his idealism with my cynical historical evidence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home