My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I hate this.

Office staff meeting at work today. They always seemed juvenile and just on the edge of offensive to me. Now that my ex-boss isn't there to advocate for us, the double-speak, mind-changing, waffling, and stupid trivia questions send me to a level of irritation that could develop into quite a fine anger if I let it.

The handyman was in at Roxann's request today to hang bulliten boards, etc. Pulling his usual stunt of saying that it had to be done a certain way. In this case, I think it's not going to hurt anything, but it was just more of the same. I didn't bite him. But I wanted to.

Finance needs more staff. The office meeting said so. But nothing was said about IT as we languish.

Still waiting to hear back from the folks who sent me the technical questionaire.

Still at loggerheads with the interim director much of the time. I yield. It's as simple as that. I present useful information, and then I do what she says, whether she chooses to incorporate my information or not. The catch is, if she's in a mood where she's not listening to me, it's not useful to present her with information. I'm learning to pick my battles. And I hate it.

I want out of here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home