My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

right in my backyard

The receptionist in our building sent out an e-mail this morning warning us that the road just north of here was closed due to an accident. I kind of looked at the announcement and went, "What the hell did they find to hit?"

Why, the thing you can usually find on that quiet stretch of road. *shudders*

I love to blame cell phones and texting for a lot of stupid driving. How could I have forgotten good ol' drunk driving? At ten-something in the morning, I'm sure being drunk off your ass is a perfectly logical social activity.

They're charged with second-degree murder, which probably isn't going to fly. That would mean they saw the poor woman, took exception to her, and decided to drive into her on the spur of the moment. What a charge of second-degree murder does is plead down no lower than vehicular manslaughter when the perpetrators plead "guilty as fuck."

And people wonder about the crosses at the sides of the road out here . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home