My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

I think I'm unemployable.

After keeping me on a string for two weeks, the fire department I interviewed with went from "you're our top candidate" to "we've decided to re-write the job description to include more hardware and you don't have the experience, thanks, but fuck off." I have plenty of hardware experience, so I assume they've decided they want a goddamn CCNA. And thank you for wasting my time, too, fuckers.

A recruiter refused to put my name in for a $15/hour screwdriver jockey position because I'm over-qualified. I'm willing to humble myself and take a pay cut to get out of where I am, and no one will oblige me.

If you read this right, you'll see that nobody wants me. I might not feel this way if I had any other irons in the fire, but I don't. I have some other applications out there, but if any of them actually call me back, I'll be very surprised.

And if I have to stay where I am till May, I don't know what'll be left of my soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home