My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Cool shit.

I started out researching buckyballs in greater detaila nd and I learned all this cool shit. I finally understand the geometry of a truncated icosahedron courtesy of Wikipedia, after wading through several other pages that just didn't really have the diagrams for me to wrap my brain around it. I had never realized the connection of buckyballs to carbon nanotubes before--and have you seen what they're going with carbon nanotubes and batteries? Oh my gods. I'm particularly intrigued by the notion that they could be bioimplants. Talk about a way to power a pacemaker. And they could defeat a lot of engineering obstacles involved in constructing a skyhook. I love the notion of building really, really big engineering out of really, really small.

2 Comments:

Blogger Finder said...

I remember seeing some of that on the History Channel about carbon, on Modern Marvels. :)

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're wishing you a happy birthday (Sunday). You really should put it in your LJ so we can be reminded more easily. And by the way, did your package come in?

-- Legion

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home