My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

What's in a name, redux

My front-runner, "Computer Housecalls," is taken. Twice. I'm not sure how that works--if the last one's expired, I might get away with it.

The current available leading contenders are:

Computer Fix-It
Will Geek for Food
The Doctor is In: Computer Repair

Computer Fix-It is simple, uninspiring, and toward the front of the alphabet (important for print listings). Will Geek for Food has the highest entertainment value, but is at the back end of the alphabet. The Doctor is In has a place near and dear to my heart, but it gets to be awfully long before you understand what kind of business I'm in.

My advertising plans are business cards, craigslist, maybe the local university's student newspaper, and maybe listing myself in an online directory or two (e.g. Yahoo! Yellowpages) if it doesn't cost much.

Thoughts?

4 Comments:

Blogger Journey said...

Holy crap. Rent-a-Geek actually isn't taken in this county. Binghamton Rent-a-Geek would even put me toward the front of the alphabet.

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well boss I like rent a geek. But if not that how about some form of Data DR.?

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howzabout:

Binghamton Bazooka "We BLAST that %$&^& malware right out of your pc"

Take it from a geek... you 'll
want to avoid the word geek. No matter how clear, clever or original your presentation, you'll only get one response from the world: 'Oh, you're the geek squad? where's your funny little car?'

BTW, we drive funny little cars, just not THOSE funny little cars:P

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if you needs me to figure out and design a business card for ya, i can do that. :)

And here I was thinking 'Coyote Computer Repair' as a name ;)

-Nina

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home