My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Doing things right.

I have this problem, sometimes, of knowing how much I don't know, and so not getting anything done. We've been working on a very low level trying to put our affairs in order to buy a house, when real estate agents keep telling us just to go get pre-approved somewhere. I've also not taken any action on the starting-my-own business front because I can't tell where in the damn paper trail to start, and it seems to be scattered through at least two entities, so I don't know who to ask to advise me.

Knock wood, I think I've got a bead on both of these. I have an appointment with a housing councilor (the federal programs point you to these guys, and it's free) for two weeks from now (soonest they could get me in). And I have an appointment with the local small business development folks tomorrow to find out what I really need to do regarding the paperwork and making sure my little computer-repair sideline is all legal and above-board.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home