My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

. . . and we are the dreamers of dreams, but not usually like this

Okay, well-known fact: I have weird dreams. Spelunking on Mars, cartoon characters in whorehouses, being Batman, jumping out of a tower window while the seas boil beneath me . . . Yeah. Quite common for me. Much more common than going to the store, being at work, riding up an escalator. My dreaming brain is apparently well-connected with my science-fiction library.

I'm going to put this one in the blog because it was fairly notable, even for me. And heck, the rest of you might as well be boggled. Er . . . I apologize in advance. I may cut the dirty bits out; I haven't decided.

[dream]
I was me, more or less. I was living in a enormous building with lots and lots of other people. A mega-building. I saw tornadoes coming. First one. So we all ran for cover. Then another. After that, there were two together. At some point, we decided it was an unnatural phenomenon, but we didn't know who was behind it. Someone was trying to do evil to us.

After the tornadoes, there was no longer daylight. It was light enough to see by, but all you could see in the sky was a halo of light around the edges of a dark mass.

Someone was trying to kill us. The best and the brightest, especially. But the best and the brightest were hard to kill. Whoever or whatever it was, it was trying to discorporate us. And those strongest of mind were able to hold themselves together. In the process, the animating spirit was somehow separated from the body. The two were congruent, but no longer entangled. And somehow, that gave us superpowers.

I figured out that we had been translocated to a binary star system . . . and the suns were close enough they would have been very large in the sky. In fact, the radiation would have killed everything on the planet, except that we were tidelocked with the dark mass between us and the suns. Something had intervened on our behalf, in placing it there.

And now something else was trying to move the mass that was protecting us. A god, I think. An evil god. By now, there were enough individuals with superpowers that we were able to mount a defense. Arsenio Hall was at the forefront of it. I'm not sure why, but he flew up, pumping his fist, and I knew that we'd been waiting for him. That was the turning point in our defense. I think the other gods began to help us.

Then, I was no longer me. I was a grown up Harry Potter. There was a beautiful woman I was very much in love with, but Apollo had showed up and wanted her, too. And it really wasn't possible to tell a god no. Actually, he wanted both of us. Apparently, the gods weren't picky.

[/dream]

And that's where I woke up. Er, more or less.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry boss but when I hear dreaming of being batman I cant get the memory of a certain commercial out of my head. THought I was obligated to share. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoX-HkOcEuE

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Now that dream brings a diverse cast together, including your own many roles.

I've had so many meetings with the divine-feminine (which is how I interpret these sublime in-love type dreams) lately.

Do you still have your other journal/blog about your "far out" stuff? I lost track of it.

--durangodave

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home