My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring is sprung, the grass is riz--I know just where the dust mites is.

There is always a day when spring just arrives, in force, and everyone knows it. This isn't quite that (I'm running around in a t-shirt, but I saw quite a few people in coats), but it's the first fine day with sunshine instead of rain. It's nice enough, RH and I started to open windows to help air out the apartment. When we did, we discovered that half of them were painted shut, none of them are appropriate hung to stay open, and some of the screens aren't mounted right. Well, we're handy. RH sliced the paint bead on some of them, and we wedged a number open with cutting boards and cardboard boxes and wooden hangers until I can buy some appropriate dowels.

We also discovered dust like you wouldn't believe. And because we just discovered it, I didn't think to put on a dust mask, first. The window screen in the kitchen was so filthy you literally couldn't see through it. I wiped the inside with a paper towel, so now we have some light and some airflow, but it's that level of dirty which would fix faster by taking the whole screen out and hosing it off, I swear. And of course, the windowsills are filthy where stuff has gotten in around the storm windows.

Cleaning is not a project on today's list, but it'll have to come soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home