My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Adding insult to injury?

Or maybe hilarity, not insult. I cut my thumb prepping dinner last night. It doesn't hurt much, because we have really good knives. But for all that it's shallow, it just didn't want to stop bleeding. Because we have really good knives. Also because the cut's on the side of my thumb, so whenever I press the pad against something, the scabbing process is impaired.

I was mentioning this to a friend today, and she asked about stitches. I said no, it was shallow. She she asked, "Do you have any skin sealer?"

I thought about it, and remembered somebody'd told me superglue was invented to close wounds.

So yes, I'm wearing superglue on my thumb. (I had RH put it on for me--it's harder to do with one hand). I find this perversely amusing, since I spent a chunk of my high school years trying not to superglue my fingers together. Works like a charm, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home