My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Taking care of business.

The appointment with the small business adviser was fruitful, if daunting. I have a very long list of steps to go through (some initial, some ongoing--most scary) and my head is crammed full of tax information. I'm a computer geek and an English major--I'm not an accountant. But let's face it, it's still a list and I know what to do with lists. So I have about a dozen things I'd like to accomplish tomorrow (if I get half of them done, I'll be ecstatic. Also surprised) and some for the day after that. I need to convince somebody to do a logo for me and I need to decide what domain name I want to use for a business web page. And I'm supposed to try and think of myself as an entrepreneur, not a screwdriver jockey, if I actually want to bring in customers.

And mostly, I need to not get depressed or scared off and just do the things on the list. But it'd be a hell of a lot easier if I was better with tax forms. Turbo Tax works great for annual taxes, but quarterly stuff and sales tax, I think I'm on my own for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home