My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Codeine is my friend.

Though I'm nowhere near good, I do seem to be slowly getting better. Hopefully I'll feel like a human being again by the time I go back to work on Tuesday.

I've re-gained a certain amount of weight after a week of being unable to walk farther than the dumpster (which was pushing it) or swallow much more than soup and sherbet (I'm past that now, but I'm still eating some strange things to keep the antibiotics from killing my stomach). This is annoying, but I refuse to worry about it until I'm off the antibiotics. One crisis at a time.

Germs are so much cuter when they're plush.

Add to that the fact that the codeine makes everything very strange. I found myself in front of the microwave, holding a frozen dinner in my hand, asking, "What am I doing here? I was going to do something . . . " I think I'd been standing there for two or three minutes. And I can't drive like that.

The world is not made for single people. My boss observed to me the other day, "You need a wife."

I had to agree.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll Play some Dr. Mario tonight to help you finish getting better... I'm the best there is at killing germs...

10:20 PM  
Blogger Journey said...

Aw, how sweet. You rock my Nintendo-flavored world. *wrygrin*

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home