My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Another week bites the dust.

We did a test-run with mail-ordered flowers on Saturday, to see if we're talented enough to do the wedding flowers ourselves. The roses were great. The mini cala lilies were also great, but unfortunately purple. (Purple is not usually unfortunate, but when you're wearing a light-gold dress, you get a truly unfortunate easter egg effect). I seem to be talented enough to handle the bridesmaids bouquets, but kenilyn was really able to make a bride's bouquet come together in a way I wasn't. Everyone else can do corsages and table arrangements. I ended up ordering 200 roses--100 peach, 25 burgandy, 25 cream, and 25 each in two different bi-colors. Somewhere in the mix, we ought to be able to make great bouquets.

Interview Monday evening, and another hopefully in the offing. I was approached by someplace I'd sent an application for a different position saying they have something coming up that's right up my alley. When I asked if I should just keep an eye out for the posting, they said they'd e-mail me when it posted. That sounds hopeful.

In other news, I seem to have strained my right foot fighting with the bedclothes. I'd take this as a measure of my native talent, but a physical therapist told me some years ago that I'd be surprised how many people injure themselves by getting a foot caught in the bedclothes: the foot doesn't move, and the leg (to the ankle or knee, usually) does. Bad combination, that. Myself, I don't think I've actually sprained anything (thank the gods)--it doesn't hurt enough. I guess if it's better in two weeks or so, I'll know for sure.

I found a few wedding invitations I actually like. They're all more than I wanted to pay, but at a certainly point it's either spend the money for something I like or decide to go really cheap (since nothing in the middle range is really right). At that, it's still considered a small amount for wedding invitations. We just have a small budget to go with it. We're going to do much simpler, print-it-yourself cards for responses and maps and whatever.

There's an anthology open to submissions that I think I have the perfect story for, if only I had time to sit down and write it. But between job hunting, wedding planning, and the usual rest-of-my-life, I'm just not sure where I'm going to find the time.

And I miss RogueHistorian. We try to see each other every other week. It's going to be three weeks this time. Three weeks is just too much. We've determined this on previous occasions. But sometimes, there's just nothing we can do to work it out. I so much want it to be May, so I can have him full-time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home