My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

the gods must have something really special in mind for me

They keep making me wait.

HR from Monday's interview called back to tell me they want me . . . but the very afternoon they decided this, my potential boss's boss walked in and told them that finances aren't what they expected and they can't hire the position till January. I said that I remained interested, but how patient I was with my current position varied on a day to day basis. I said I would call them if somebody else made me an offer I couldn't refuse, sooner. They said that under the circumstances, that seemed perfectly reasonable.

I confess, this does drive home some of my existing worries about small companies.

This makes one really good prospect that decided to hire a different position and one that has to wait until the next budget year. Third time's a charm? And what will the third time be?

On the plus side, something interesting that pays a little less (but that may be changing) e-mailed me that they'd like to interview me. We're just arranging a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home