My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Health

Of the core trio of IT where I work right now, one of us suffers from headaches and high blood pressure, one from migraines and general nerves, and today one had chest pain and tingling in the fingers of his left hand while driving into the office. None of us had any of these symptoms before the big change about three months ago. If you follow this thought to a fairly logical conclusion, you'll note that we are now courting stroke, complete nervous collapse, and heart attack, respectively.

If the stress level doesn't change, and one of us lands themself on twelve weeks' medical leave, I've got this nasty feeling we're all going to go down like dominoes.

On the one hand, I'm glad I don't plan to be around to see it. On the other, my future absence may begin this particular domino rally. Yikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home