My Surreality Check Bounced

"Why settle for a twig when you can climb the whole tree?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, NY, United States

Journey is a rogue English major gone guerilla tech. She is currently owned by two cats, several creditors, and a coyote that doesn't exist. See "web page" link for more details about the coyote.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

mood swing

I had such a good weekend. It was the parents, sister and her boyfriend, me and RogueHistorian, and another friend for Thanksgiving. Ate too much, walked around the Desert Museum, tortured RH by testing tuxedo components on him, bought slippers to replace the one my cats absconded with, and had a jam session/sing-along. Even thought of a Christmas present for my dad, one of the notoriously hard-to-buy-for people on my Christmas list, if my mom can just keep him from buying it himself between now and then.

And then, on the way home tonight, a gas pump failed to take my credit card. The credit card company says the pump couldn't read the card, and because of this, they began denying transactions on the account. WTF? Straightened that out (at last for now), and now I find I'm brooding over tomorrow. I can't even imagine how nuts work will be after four days of tech support stuff building up. But more than that, I'm supposed to hear something back on the promising job tomorrow.

Unlike the last one, I find I'm very invested in getting this opportunity. I try not to get this way about positions, but the interview was so positive, and there are actually two slots open. If I don't manage to get one of them, I know it's going to just about bottom out my self-esteem. And there's nothing I can do about it but wait and try not to think about it, since thinking just prompts brooding and worrying.

Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home